About Go Swag
We know that good relationships lie at the heart of business success, and it’s our mission to help companies build better connections with their teams and clients. We’ve assisted our customers in celebrating partnerships new and old, as well as first days, last days, and everything in-between. Using our creativity and connections, we work to enhance corporate relationships with beautiful and bespoke gift packs.
Sustainability and quality are at the heart of everything we do. Uniquely among swag providers, we are committed to leaving the planet and the merchandise industry better than we found it. We’ll always recommend using recycled products that can, in turn, be recycled. We fill our packs with genuinely useful items – never gimmicks. We carefully select high-quality and long-lasting items that recipients will use for years to come.
The primary purpose of all Go roles is to play an active and influential role in making sure our customers are happy, come back to us and recommend us.
All Go roles are about making our service better. Everyone who works here is enthusiastic, hardworking, committed, and wants to succeed.
We are a new company and what you do on Monday might not be what you do on Tuesday. So be prepared for change – frequent and often. Everyone who joins the team at the stage has the opportunity to own, refine and improve any aspect of our service.
As a Production Specialist you will help organise new projects from order to dispatch. You understand that Go is dedicated to delivering a customer experience unlike any other in the industry. Working closely with the consultancy team and Go’s customers, you will focus on ordering products, scheduling packing, and supporting dispatch and shipping logistics.
Main duties & responsibilities
We are a responsive organisation, and the needs of our customers often change. Therefore, job descriptions and duties are subject to change to allow us to adapt quickly to provide the best possible service.
The following list will give you an idea of critical priorities for the coming strategic period. In particular, you will:
- Order products for new projects based on documentation provided by the consultancy team
- Effectively communicate to our customer’s, timelines of projects
- Compare designs to printers proofs to spot any adjustments needed to go to print
- Work with Go’s Dispatch team to plan and organise shipping dates
- Make suggestions about how the back of house procedures can be refined and improved
Where this post fits within Team Go:
We have a team approach to our work and how we deliver it. Everyone has a valid role to play which is respected and recognised. We play to our strengths and seek support for our weaknesses. You have a responsibility to yourself and your colleagues to do your job and help your colleagues do theirs.
You are the highly organised logistical powerhouse of the team! You are the one who understands the status of projects in production and has an acute attention to detail. At all times, you are pushing to improve customer experience, production times, and the general quality of our offering.
Reporting and Accountability
You will, as required, report to the CEO and, where appropriate, to the CCO on all relevant activity.
You are expected to contribute to the broader strategic development of the business and be a role model to demonstrate Go’s values.
What kind of person likes to work here?
First and foremost, you should desire to succeed and see Go as part of your success story. You should be highly organised, detail-oriented, flexible, quick-thinking, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You will be responsible for checking orders before they go to print, so attention to detail is critical.
You have one to one contact with the customer if they have any questions about the production process; therefor, it would be best if you were highly skilled in quickly building rapport, communication, and problem-solving.
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organised (and can demonstrate processes you have organised effectively in the past)
- An eye for detail – we are looking for a spot the difference legend!
- Good understanding of how to use technology to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Positive can-do attitude
- Good record-keeping skills
- Good understanding of wordwide shipping logistics
- Has a good understanding of working with spreadsheets
Experience in a similar role or general experience of working in a fast-paced working environment where you are responsible for logistics.
- Experience in working within a tech company of any kind
- Experience shipping products worldwide
- Experience working within the promotional product industry. (Warning: we don’t do things like the old guard)
- Commitment to Go’s mission and priorities
- Collaborative approach
- Comfortable working independently and managing own workload across a range of priorities
- Versatile and flexible – open to new ideas and change
But most of all – a positive mindset.