About Go Swag
We know that good relationships lie at the heart of business success, and it’s our mission to help companies build better connections with their teams and clients. We’ve assisted our customers to celebrate partnerships new and old, as well as first days, last days, and everything in-between. Using our creativity and connections, we work to enhance corporate relationships with beautiful and bespoke gift packs.
Sustainability and quality is at the heart of everything we do. Uniquely among swag providers, we are committed to leaving the planet and the merchandise industry better than we found it. We’ll always recommend using recycled products that can, in turn, be recycled. We fill our packs with genuinely useful items – never gimmicks. We carefully select high-quality and long-lasting items that recipients will use for years to come.
The primary purpose of all Go roles is to play an active and influential role in making sure our customers are happy, come back to us and recommend us.
All Go roles are about making our service better. Everyone who works here is enthusiastic, hardworking, committed, and wants to succeed.
We are a new company and what you do on Monday might not be what you do on Tuesday. So be prepared for change – frequent and often. Everyone who joins the team at the stage has the opportunity to own, refine and improve any aspect of our service.
As a Consultant, you will help build the energy and excitement around Go’s products and services. You understand that Go is dedicated to delivering a customer experience unlike any other in the industry. It all starts with you discovering customers’ needs. You match those needs with the right products, and then with the support of the team, you help customers develop career-long relationships with Go.
Main duties & responsibilities
We are a responsive organisation, and the needs of our customers often change. Therefore, job descriptions and duties are subject to change to allow us to adapt quickly to provide the best possible service.
The following list will give you an idea of critical priorities for the coming strategic period. In particular, you will:
- Generate, nurture and maintain positive, happy, and productive relationships
- Respond to new sales enquiries and make our customers feel confident and excited about our service
- Remove stress from our customers working lives. Swag logistics are a nightmare; we are here to make it easy
- Carry out our consultancy process to design the perfect branded gift which will make our customers feel valued, respected and want to work with us again
- Create, organise and manage your own personal sales pipeline within Pipedrive
- Make suggestions about how our sales processes and procedures can be refined and improved
- Consistently hit monthly business development targets
Where this post fits within Team Go:
We have a team approach to our work and how we deliver it. Everyone has a valid role to play which is respected and recognised. We play to our strengths and seek support for our weaknesses. You have a responsibility to yourself and your colleagues to do your job and help your colleagues do theirs.
You are a creative and income-generating force within the team. You are one of the people who closes the deal – and you listen to what our customers say. At all times, you are pushing to improve customer experience, customer retention, and the general quality of our offering.
Reporting and Accountability
You will, as required, report to the Chief Customer Officer and, where appropriate, to the CEO on all relevant activity.
You are expected to contribute to the broader strategic development of the business and be a role model to demonstrate Go’s values.
What kind of person likes to work here?
First and foremost, you should desire to succeed and see Go as part of your success story. You should be proactive, detail-oriented, flexible, quick-thinking, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
In most situations, you will be the first person a prospective customer meets; you will be the face of the Go brand. With that in mind, we are looking for someone who is highly personable, articulate, and empathetic. Further, it would be best if you were highly skilled in quickly building rapport, communication, and problem-solving.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sales knowledge
- Good understanding of how to use technology to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Positive can-do attitude
- Good record-keeping skills
- An eye for detail and design
- Proficient in Adobe tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Has a good understanding of working with spreadsheets
Experience in a pressured sales environment – you need to be able to evidence recent successes.
- Experience in working within a tech company of any kind
- Experience within a design-related role
- Experience working within the promotional product industry. (Warning: we don’t do things like the old guard)
- Commitment to Go’s mission and priorities
- Collaborative approach
- Comfortable working independently and managing own workload across a range of priorities
- Versatile and flexible – open to new ideas and change
But most of all – a positive mindset.