About Go Swag
We know that good relationships lie at the heart of business success, and it’s our mission to help companies build better connections with their teams and clients. We’ve assisted our customers to celebrate partnerships new and old, as well as first days, last days, and everything in-between. Using our creativity and connections, we work to enhance corporate relationships with beautiful and bespoke gift packs.
Sustainability and quality is at the heart of everything we do. Uniquely among swag providers, we are committed to leaving the planet and the merchandise industry better than we found it. We’ll always recommend using recycled products that can, in turn, be recycled. We fill our packs with genuinely useful items – never gimmicks. We carefully select high-quality and long-lasting items that recipients will use for years to come.
The primary purpose of all Go roles is to play an active and influential role in making sure our customers are happy, come back to us and recommend us.
All Go roles are about making our service better. Everyone who works here is enthusiastic, hardworking, committed, and wants to succeed.
We are a new company and what you do on Monday might not be what you do on Tuesday. So be prepared for change – frequent and often. Everyone who joins the team at the stage has the opportunity to own, refine and improve any aspect of our service.
As an Artworker, you will take our customers’ brands and design the perfect swag for their needs. You will work closely with our consultants to prepare mockups and digital proofs of proposed products. Further, you will help design ad creatives, catalogue artwork, and visuals for our website and social accounts.
Main duties & responsibilities
We are a responsive organisation, and the needs of our customers often change. Therefore, job descriptions and duties are subject to change to allow us to adapt quickly to provide the best possible service.
The following list will give you an idea of critical priorities for the coming strategic period. In particular, you will:
- Work closely with the consultancy and production team
- Work with the Consultancy team to create mockups of products
- Work with Production to create digital proofs of products
- Create ad creatives
- Create artwork of catalogues and other sales collateral
- Manage your pipeline of artwork requests
Where this post fits within Team Go:
We have a team approach to our work and how we deliver it. Everyone has a valid role to play which is respected and recognised. We play to our strengths and seek support for our weaknesses. You have a responsibility to yourself and your colleagues to do your job and help your colleagues do theirs.
You will be the designer in the team that is relied on to make everything look amazing. You will be responsible and maintaining and refining our visual language. At all times, you will be pushing to improve our brand, the design of our products, and the general quality of our offering.
Reporting and Accountability
You will, as required, report to the Chief Customer Officer and, where appropriate, to the CEO on all relevant activity.
You are expected to contribute to the broader strategic development of the business and be a role model to demonstrate Go’s values.
What kind of person likes to work here?
First and foremost, you should desire to succeed and see Go as part of your success story. You should be proactive, detail-oriented, flexible, quick-thinking, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
The rest of the team will turn to you when it comes time to design products and anything visual. With that in mind, we are looking for someone hardworking, well organised, and incredible at making anything look beautiful. Further, you should be highly proficient in design tools that are required to create digital mock-ups.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of visual design principles and techniques
- Expert in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- An eye for detail and design. If something is misaligned by a pixel, does it bother you? If so, this is the job for you
- Good work organisation skills, including clean file managment
- Positive can-do attitude
Experience in another similar artworking / graphic design-related role is ideal; however, not completely necessary. If you can show us you have the right skills, we don’t care if you are missing relevant experience or education.
- Experience in working within a tech company of any kind
- Experience designing artwork of physical products such as garments and drinkware
- Experience working within the promotional product industry. (Warning: we don’t do things like the old guard)
- Commitment to Go’s mission and priorities
- Collaborative approach
- Comfortable working independently and managing own workload across a range of priorities
- Versatile and flexible – open to new ideas and change
But most of all – a positive mindset.